Wednesday 26 September 2012

Mochi Sweets

Hello Everyone! Negi here, yes Negi! The third blogger on here, with me our blog title finally makes sense (albeit the rumours of it changing to Two2Tea).
I've been uuuh relatively busy or lazy which is why I've yet to make my first post until now but yes! its time to make amends with a spam on posts (I hope).

Right now I'm on holiday in Hong Kong so I won't be posting any of my hand-made treats if you were looking to gauge my skills :). I will however be posting about the delicacies in Hong Kong, I know, I bet you didn't see that one coming. So please enjoy reading my posts and I hope you find something unique in them.

Now onto what this post is really about.


The delicious 'Mochi Sweets' confectionery, their certain trade is included in their brand name, mochi! Ok that's not quite right but it does include mochi, what they are selling is basically Daifuku, though not like traditional one where it just has with azuki filling. 'Mochi Sweets' go a bit more adventurous with flavours such as mango cream, chocolate cream, purple potato, blueberry cream etc.


Attractive display right? haha It definitely lured me in and I definitely wasn't leaving without purchasing some.
When I was there which was around 20:00, they had quite a few flavours unavailable but thankfully they were mainly the generic ones.
Sakura

Chestnut

Green Tea
Yep Sakura, Chestnut and Green Tea are the ones I tried. All three were nice, I really love the mochi texture, it's soft and chewy, and goes well with the fillings I had.The one that really stood out was the Sakura flavour which is cherry blossom in Japanese, I'm sure many people have never eaten cherry blossom. It's something you have to try to understand the unique taste but in this you get that refreshing aroma when you bite into it.. It's the one to try if you were to visit this shop, which is located at the bottom floor of Langham Palace in Mong Kok.

Will be posting more at snail pace haha I blame my slow internet!

 Negi out!





No comments:

Post a Comment