Sunday 16 September 2012

Abergavenny Food Festival Part 1

Hooray for Food Festival and one back in our native Wales as well. Me and Aubergine went and we literally spent 8 hrs wandering and eating our way around the whole festival! The Abergavenny Food Festival  runs over two days and we decided to go on Saturday 15th September and lucky we did, because today it was raining in good ole Wales!

There are two parts to this because there are a few pictures and we didn't want to bombard you with them in one post!

We were sent these paper bracelets to wear while we wander around. These were not made for people with small wrists, we had to be careful that they didn't drop off!
    

We went quite early in the morning thinking there would be lots of people, but luckily it was less crowded when I took these pictures:



Lots of yummy food stalls!

Mmmmm Bacon *drools*

Mmmm Burgers *drools*

Mmmm Raw Chocolate Pie....
Guess who we saw checking out some pies:


None other than Chefs Otto Lenghi and Sami Tamimi, Aubergine had to take a paparazzi style shot so we only got the back of them( TДT)

Here's what they were looking at:



Lots of tasty pies, we ended up buying the Wild Deer Pie after standing there deciding for ages. We paid £7 for it, which is pricy for a pie! I'll show you more pictures in the next post!

And guess what? We found a Churros stand! I'd always wanted to try Churros and never managed to get round to making some myself so I was pleased to find this. The downside? It cost £3.50 for FOUR Churros, so yeah, it was a little expensive. At least now, I can say I've tried it and it was tasty!




Sorry, My greedy hands were already reaching for one when this pic was taken :P


We also found a stand that sold Bubble Tea. They sell Bubble Tea from their van and travel all over! We've had Bubble Tea in Hong Kong and love it, so I wanted to try this to see how it compared. You can find out more information about them here.


Aubergine had a warm Peach and Jasmine Green Tea Drink. Looks delicious right?


While I went for Taro (I LOVE Taro), Soya Milk, Jasmine Green Tea Bubble Tea. This was yummy but I wish I went for black tea because the Jasmine flavoured overpowered everything else! Other than that it was yummy! I wished they made a small size tho because both me and Aubergine were full after drinking these!

So before I finish this post, let me leave you a picture of the remains of Abergavenny Castle.


Look out for part two coming soon!

Satsuma-imo.

No comments:

Post a Comment