Sunday 23 September 2012

Fusion Food Fajita

Well, now that the weather has cooled considerably here, there's no better way to warm yourself up than by eating something spicy!

This recipe I'm going to share with you guys is a bit of an odd one, you might be thinking "what is this?!" but trust me, it actually works out ok!

This was purely experimental, we decided that lunch was going to be fajitas and during the process of making it, there was no sauce!!!!! The decision was then made to use some soy sauce and some mushroom soy sauce and the lunch was a success! Here is how the asian/mexican fajita combination was born:

What you will need:


Some Enoki mushrooms - one of my fave types of mushrooms, especially since I'm allergic to the bog standard Button mushroom.

I also used some celery because that was one of the vegetables we had left over:


Other ingredients include:

  • Salami - the one we had contained fennel seeds in. I used about 100g
  • Jalapenos - I used red Jalapenos, add according to how spicy you want it to be.
  • One Onion
  • Soy Sauce - to personal taste
  • Mushroom Soy Sauce
  • Cheese of your choice
  • 4 Tortillas

  1. First sweat the celery and onions in a frying pan until soft. (I didn't add any oil because there will be plenty from the salami).
  2. Add the Enoki mushrooms, Salami and Jalapenos. Fry until mushrooms have softened.


    3. Add in the Soy Sauce and Mushroom Soy Sauce. I used about a tablespoon of it. Fry off until sauce has reduced.

    4. Divide this onto four tortillas that have been placed on a baking tray. Top with the cheese and bake in the oven until the cheese has melted.


     5. Once melted, roll up your tortilla and enjoy!! Simple food right?


Satsuma-imo.

No comments:

Post a Comment