Monday 17 September 2012

Abergavenny Food Festival Part 2

Onto the next part of our adventure to the Abergavenny Food Festival!

Here's a shot of what it looked like inside the Market Hall,  it was really crowded in here as the day wore on, too many people and not enough space!


There were book signings inside as well from famous chefs. Here is Chef and Baker Richard Bertinet signing. Aubergine is a total fan girl and even had her picture taken with him! Oh Aubergine....:P [What can I say? He made my day (#^_^#) I was gutted when his show sold out but everything turned out alright in the end!]


 Here's evidence of his signature!


The great thing about food festivals, is that you get to try different foods that you can't possibly make yourself. For our lunch we went to a Jamaican Stall because we have never tried Jamaican food before.

Aubergine had the Curried Goat and Rice:


While I just had the Jerk Chicken, I was only supposed to get 3 pieces as advertised on the price board but I got 4 pieces! The lady at the stall must have liked me haha :P



 Both were delicious and not that spicy, I'd definitely eat these again :) [Yup, yup very delicious. Couldn't finish the rice but I tried my best]

We booked to watch a demonstration by Malaysian Chef Norman Musa and we had about 1.5 hrs to kill so we sat down to rest our poor feet! We ended up snacking on these super yummy truffles we bought earlier.



Nothing better than some good quality chocolate right? [I only tried the brandy one but luckily wasn't too overpowering, otherwise would have been drunk for the food demo...]

Inside the Priory Centre for the demonstration, we were greeted with some snacks and a really posh looking table!




 I didn't take a picture of Chef Norman Musa, not quite sure why.....We got to try some of the food he made and it was good! We were a little shocked by how much oil was used for one of the dishes tho! Our arteries.......[Norman's posted some photos on his facebook and you can spot us in one of the photos if you squint really hard]

So what else did we buy then?



You cannot go back to Wales and not buy Welsh Cakes, if we were good, we would've made some ourselves! Well, looking at the package, we thought because the flavours were unusual, we would buy some. Each pack cost £3.50 for six and we bought Cranberry and Pecan flavour. Unfortunately, we didn't like these, super dry and not much flavour, for that price we expected a lot more. Oh well, at least we tried it. [The best is still the brand we can get in the local supermarket back home. The ones sold at the usual Abergavenny Saturday marker are pretty good too - maybe we should do a Welsh Cake feature in future.]

We also bought a loaf from one of the stalls, this one was surprisingly heavy when we received it! [A spelt and honey loaf - if Richard Bertinet had a stall there I would have bought my bread from there instead!!]



Next what did we buy from Trealy Farm?


Why Salami and Pepperoni of course!


I can't exactly remember which ones we bought, but I do know that one contained fennel, one had spicy peppercorns in and one had venison and something else in..... My memory is like a fish.....

Remember that pie I said we bought in our last post? Well, we've already eaten it so I can show you pictures of what it looked inside.




This was jam packed with meat so I guess we got what we paid for! £7 for a pie is expensive but this was worth it. The only thing I would mention tho was that we both found it a little too salty for our taste. Other than that it was good. We especially liked that the pastry wasn't thick like other pies.

So that was our little trip to the Abergavenny Food Festival! We shall be going again next year! [Definitely!]

Did any of you guys go? What did you think?

Unintentional advertising of Sony :P [It's a good phone...]
Satsuma-imo [featuring Aubergine!]

No comments:

Post a Comment