Monday 8 October 2012

Homemade Chocolate Eclairs

When I was feeling all sorry for myself when I had that little cold (well, I still have it but it's not so bad now!) I decided to make myself some chocolate eclairs following the recipe from Joanne Chang-Myers.

Somehow, my eclairs didn't rise in the oven so that was disappointing, I was one egg short so I'm thinking that threw off the balance of the recipe. Nonetheless, being resourceful, I decided to use two flat eclairs to make up one and it looked like I meant to make them like that!

Chocolate eclairs are one of my fave desserts, although the inside has to be anything but cream, because cream tastes of nothing and it's just empty calories! That's why I was excited to try out Joanne's recipe since her eclairs contains Tropez Cream, which is a mixture of a custard and cream.

I won't plagiarise her recipe so I'll just show you in pictures of each of the components I made.

Here is the Choux pastry done before baking:


Here's what they look like when they came out of the oven T_T


Not one to be dishearten , I continued to make the Tropez Cream:


The Tropez Cream is so delicious. The added Vanilla Bean makes it all that much special ^_^

Next step is to make the Chocolate Ganache, you can't have an eclair without the chocolate ganache on top!
 

Last step is to assemble and let the ganache cool down and you can eat all you want!


Yummy! So what are your favourite variations of the Chocolate Eclair?

Satsuma-imo.

No comments:

Post a Comment