Saturday 3 November 2012

Post Holiday Food Posts: Hong Kong Breads Edition.

What do you do in Hong Kong apart from shop? You eat of course! three2tea's HK breakfast normally consists of bread, well, my HK breakfast mostly consists of bread. Hong Kong has so many wonderful bakeries and all so cheap as well. It's hard not to walk past a bakery and not want to go in and buy something to eat.


Lots and lots of tasty breads!
From top left to top right:


  1. A bun I thought was a "Gai Mei Bau", the bun with the sweet, coconut filling in, BUT, I picked up the wrong one, all I got was a plain ole butter roll T_T So dry!
  2. A Bau Lau Bao, or pineapple bun, it's good to eat an authentic one!
  3. A bun stuffed with ham and cheese for breakfast?! Yum yum, yes please.
2nd row from left to right:

  1. I think this one was a blueberry and cheese bun?
  2. A Green Tea and Red Bean Mochi Bread
  3. The inside of the mochi bread! Mochi bread is a denser bread, with the red bean inside, this combination was delicious. I need to go find me a mochi bread recipe.....
3rd row from left to right:

  1. A Cream Horn!
  2. A Chestnut filled Bun
  3. The inside of the chestnut filled bun, I love anything with chestnut in and I have to make sure I eat something with chestnut in whilst in HK because they are the best!
4th row from left to right:

  1. Another Chestnut filled Bread, this one was a little pricy at HKD$10.90, nearly £1 for this! But it was tasty, but not £1 tasty!
  2. A Raisin and Cookie Dough Topping Bread
  3. A Red Bean and Almond Bread. Red Bean is another favourite ingredient of mine, red bean in anything tastes great!
Wash these breads down with a glass of ginger soya milk in the morning! Nothing tastes better :P

Satsuma-imo.

No comments:

Post a Comment